This 30 hours course looks at the theology behind interfaith dialogue between Christians and Muslims in Europe and the way it is being practiced.
Topics that will be addressed:
- The meaning and place of dialogue in Christianity and Islam;
- The theological foundations of dialogue;
- Different types of dialogue, such as dialogue of life, dialogue of theological exchange etc.
- The purpose and intended outcome of interfaith dialogue;
- History of interfaith dialogue;
- Successes and challenges in interfaith dialogue;
- Dialogue and mission/dawah;
- Interfaith dialogue versus intrafaith dialogue;
and best practices of interfaith dialogue in Europe:
- Interfaith documents (e.g. A Common Word)
- Interfaith declarations
- Interfaith organisations/institutions